We often struggle with knowing and living our purpose in today’s society. This is due to being constantly bombarded with images, technology, comparing ourselves with others, worried about what others think and the list goes on. We feel we don’t measure up or we are not meeting the criteria that the world has for us. This will often lead to being distracted in life instead of doing what we are called to do and what is specifically designed for us as individuals.
Because I get this question often, I wanted to share some basic strategies that can help you with moving into a place of living your purpose and being effective in life.
5 Tips on How to Live within Your Purpose
Recognize that emotional numbing or distractions often stop us from living our purpose
- Ex: engaging in extra activity that distracts us from our focus like eating, drinking smoking, partying, sexual encounters
- Creating a euphoria at the moment, but it doesn’t last
- Stop being distracted and start focusing on your strengths
- Learn who you are and what you are called to and be
- Being ok with who you are
- A healthy jealousy happens
- Being envious or jealous of someone that has it easier than you
- Everything comes to them easy. But you’re stuck in the struggle
- Reframe your perspective; everything isn’t what it seems
- When there is no struggle, there is no testimony
- For those that seem to have it easy – there is a cost.
- They won’t have anything to look back to see advancement
- They have no solid foundation – it hasn’t been built
- Needing validation from others
- Are you expecting validation from someone else
- Getting validation that it’s ok to live your dream or take a risk
- Take the responsibility of goal setting and moving forward with what you are called to do. Don’t put it on someone else’s table by getting their validation
- Don’t allow the other person (give them permission) to dictate your life or fate
- You should be the one deciding what is best for you or setting the goals if it’s about YOUR purpose
- Your thoughts and hearts desire IS enough for it to be valid
- Believe in yourself. You will know when it’s a good idea
- Feelings of emptiness
- Comes when we don’t have a clear value system of ourselves
- No clear path structure in place of what we want to do
- Start listening to your heart’s desire to do and live
- If it matters to you – it’s important
- Recognize the accomplishments (no matter how small)
- If something doesn’t work or you are not making progress
- Feel like we are spinning our wheels
- Feel like we are not having any impact
- Lasting impressions aren’t made overnight
- It takes time and perseverance
- Could take several do overs; but you’re learning
- Keep trying, implementing, keep setting goals
- Keep taking the steps forward, making changes etc
- Give yourself permission to be proud of the steps you are taking
- Lack of direction
- Engaging in something that is not ‘feeding’ you – being fed from the work you do
- Not being nurtured by what you are doing.
- If not, why are you doing it?
- Set the pace for yourself
- Outline your skill set and enrich your life with the choices and decisions
- Know that everything you do affects other people; someone looks up to you
- You must be satisfied first
- You must enjoy and find happiness in your steps
Knowing your purpose will make you feel full in life. You will know because you will enjoy the work that you are doing.
If you would like to schedule an intake session to further explore how you can reach your full potential in life, contact me today to schedule your appointment.